The Parliament library is engaged in a project to digitize its constitutional resources which have been deposited there for the attention of Members of Parliament.
The Parliament library has always served as a deposit library for papers laid in the Houses of Parliament, inclusive of selected reports of Cabinet-appointed committees and Commissions of Enquiry.
The Parliament understands the renewed and ongoing interest in constitutional reform and in the interest of making its invaluable constitutional resources freely available and more readily accessible to the public. The library will add to these resources periodically.
Commissions and Committee Reports
- The Report of the Wooding Commission on Constitutional Reform, 1974 [914k]
- Thinking Things Over – The Constitution Commission (1987) of the Republic of Trinidad and Tobago [234k]
- Thinking Things Through
- 1961 Constitution [144k]
- 1962 Constitution
- Current Constitution (Ministry of Legal Affairs website)
(with all amendments to date)
- Draft Constitution [286k]
laid as a Paper in the House of Representatives on 18 August 2006
- Principles of Fairness Draft Constitution [698k]
Third Edition – Uploaded November 02, 2006
- Working Paper on Constitutional Reform for Public Comment [354k]
laid as a Paper in the House of Representatives on 9 January 2009