37th Sitting of the House of Representatives
2nd Session - 12th Republican Parliament
Leave of absence was granted to Mr. Rushton Paray, MP for Mayaro and Ms. Khadijah Ameen, MP for St. Augustine from today’s Sitting of the House.
The Speaker invited tributes on the passing of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II, who passed away on September 8, 2022. A moment of silence was observed.
Twenty-seven papers will be laid. See Order Paper for details.
Eight reports will be presented.
Three urgent questions were posed.
Thirteen questions qualified for oral answer.
The Leader of Government Business, Hon. Camille Robinson-Regis, MP, moved that in the 3rd Session of the 12th Parliament, the proceedings of the following bills be resumed:
- The Miscellaneous Provisions (Testing and Identification) Bill, 2022
- The Whistleblower Protection Bill, 2022
- The Miscellaneous Provisions (Establishment of the Borough of Diego Martin and Borough of Siparia) Bill, 2021
- The Representation of the People (Amendment) (No. 2) Bill, 2020
- The Constitution (Amendment) (Tobago Self-Government) Bill, 2020
- The Tobago Island Government Bill, 2021.
The motion was approved.
The Sitting concluded at 2:42 p.m.