Standing Orders Committee of the Senate
8th Republican Parliament
2003-11-11 - 2004-09-03
Email: not available
Standing Order 64 of the Senate states:
- There shall be the following Sessional Select Committees:
- the Standing Orders Committee;
- the House Committee;
- the Committee of Privileges;
- the Statutory Instruments Committee.
- Members of the Sessional Select Committees shall be appointed by the President as soon as possible after the beginning of each Session.
- The Chairman or Chairmen of each Sessional Committee shall be appointed by the President who shall have the right to change the Chairmen so appointed from time to time.
- The Standing Orders Committee shall have the duty of considering amendments to the Standing Orders from time to time whether referred to it by the Senate or not, and of making recommendations to the Senate thereon.
- The Standing Orders Committee shall consist of five Members inclusive of the Chairman.