Committee of Privileges of the Senate
8th Republican Parliament
2002-11-12 - 2003-09-17
Email: not available
Standing Order 64 of the Senate states:
- There shall be the following Sessional Select Committees:
- the Standing Orders Committee;
- the House Committee;
- the Committee of Privileges;
- the Statutory Instruments Committee.
- Members of the Sessional Select Committees shall be appointed by the President as soon as possible after the beginning of each Session.
- The Chairman or Chairmen of each Sessional Committee shall be appointed by the President who shall have the right to change the Chairmen so appointed from time to time.
Standing Order 67 of the Senate states:
- There shall be referred to the Committee of Privileges any matter which appears to affect the powers or privileges of the Senate, and it shall be the duty of the Committee to consider any matter so referred and to report thereon to the Senate.
- The President shall be a Member, and the Chairman, of the Committee of Privileges.
- The Committee of Privileges shall consist of five Members inclusive of the Chairman.