INVITATION FOR WRITTEN SUBMISSIONS
An inquiry into the administration and operations of the Tobago House of Assembly in relation to financial allocations, tourism, agriculture and transport.
The Joint Select Committee on Local Authorities, Service Commissions and Statutory Authorities has commenced an inquiry into certain aspects of the operations of the Tobago House of Assembly (THA).
The Committee is inviting all stakeholders and interested persons to submit written comments/suggestions/recommendations related to the objectives of the inquiry.
The objectives of this inquiry are:
- To determine the current condition of the sector
- To assess the THA’s strategies for attracting domestic, regional and international visitors.
- To determine the status of initiatives/projects aimed at improving Tobago’s marketability as a Tourist destination
- To determine the level of participation within the agriculture sector.
- To determine the hindrances to the expansion of the Agriculture sector and the solutions/strategies that are being implemented.
- To assess the extent to which productive linkages have been established between the agriculture and tourism industries.
- To assess the current state of inter-island transportation services.
- To assess the reliability of the public transport system in Tobago, particularly in rural areas.
Sufficiency and management of allocations
- To assess the sufficiency of the annual budget allocation and the management of its resources.
THE DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSIONS IS FRIDAY APRIL 22, 2016.
Written submissions should be addressed to the Secretary to the Committee as stated below and can be submitted by email (email@example.com) or mail.
The Joint Select Committee on
Local Authorities, Service Commissions and Statutory Authorities
Office of the Parliament of Trinidad and Tobago
Levels G-8, Tower D
Port-of-Spain International Waterfront Center
1A Wrightson Road