INVITATION FOR WRITTEN SUBMISSION
Government Human Resources Services Company Limited (GHRS)
The Joint Select Committee of Parliament on Ministries (Group 2), and on the Statutory Authorities and State Enterprises falling under their purview, proposes to commence an inquiry into the administration and operations of the Government Human Resources Services Company Limited (GHRS) in January 10, 2014
The objectives of this inquiry are:
1. To assess the Company’s input and performance with regards to the fulfillment of the following strategic goals and objectives:
- the filling of vacancies throughout the public service and public enterprises;
- the application of best practices in Human Resource Management across the public sector;
- the execution of the Professional Development Programme (PDP);
- the attainment of the Gold to Diamond (G2D) Vision; and
- the model of the organizational structure.
2. To acquire insight into the procedures which are applied in the contracting and/or outsourcing of services.
3. To inquire into the strategic objectives of the newly appointed Board at the GHRS.
4. To understand the major challenges faced by the GHRS and to gain an appreciation of the achievements of the Company for the period 2010-2013.
5. The nature of the GHRSs’ association/relations with the various Service Commissions, State Enterprises, Municipal Corporations, Regional Health Authorities vis-à-vis the recruitment of staff to service these bodies.
As part of its inquiry process, the Committee is inviting all stakeholders and interested persons to submit written comments/suggestions related to the above-mentioned objectives.
Written submissions should be addressed to the Secretary to the Committee as stated below and can be forwarded via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or in hard copy.
The Joint Select Committee (Group 2)
Office of the Parliament of Trinidad and Tobago
Levels G-7, Tower D
International Waterfront Centre
1A Wrightson Road