Joint Select Committee of Parliament on Ministries,
Statutory Authorities and State Enterprises (Group 1)
INVITATION FOR WRITTEN SUBMISSIONS
Inquiry into the administration and operations of the Estate Management and Business Development Company Limited (EMBD).
The above-named Committee intends to commence an inquiry into the administration and operations of the Estate Management and Business Development Company Limited (EMBD).
The objectives of this inquiry are:
- To assess the systems employed by the company for the administration of contracts for the development of land; namely:
- tendering procedures;
- project monitoring systems;
- determination of the scope of works to be undertaken on land development sites; and
- determination of the dollar value of projects.
- To examine the status of outstanding payments and the arrangements in place for compensating contractors.
- To understand the relationship between the EMBD and the other state entities in particular, HDC, Caroni Limited, Ministry of Food Production, Land Settlement Agency, Environment Management Agency, Town and Country Planning and the NIPDEC.
As part of its inquiry process, the Committee is inviting all stakeholders and interested persons to submit written comments/suggestions related to the above-mentioned objectives.
THE DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSIONS IS TUESDAY DECEMBER 30, 2014
Written submissions should be addressed to the Secretary to the Committee as stated below or can be forwarded via email to email@example.com.
The Joint Select Committee (Group 1)
Parliament of the Republic of Trinidad and Tobago
Levels G-8, Tower D
Port-of-Spain International Waterfront Centre
1A Wrightson Road