Public Accounts Committee
12th Republican Parliament
9 November 2020 - Present
Secretary: Keiba Jacob-Mottley; Hema Bhagaloo; Khisha Peterkin
- The Public Accounts Committee shall have the duty of considering and reporting to the House on
- appropriation accounts of moneys expended out of sums granted by Parliament to meet the public expenditure;
- such other accounts as may be referred to the Committee by the House or as are authorized or required to be considered by the Committee under any Law; and
- the report of the Auditor General on any such accounts.
- In the performance of its duties under paragraph (1) of this Standing Order the Public Accounts Committee shall consider whether policy is carried out efficiently, effectively and economically and whether expenditure conforms to the authority which governs it.