The Joint Select Committee on Human Rights, Equality and Diversity has commenced an inquiry into the Sexual Harassment within the Education Sector with specific focus on students.
The objectives of this inquiry are:
- To understand the prevalence of sexual harassment within the education sector and educational institutions.
- To examine and make recommendations on:
- a. The current policy to guide the treatment of sexual harassment in educational institutions;
- b. The level of awareness of students and staff on the complaints mechanism that are open to them, principally:
- i. their rights and;
- ii. the duties of educational providers regarding these guidelines.
The Committee is therefore inviting stakeholders and interested persons to submit written comments, suggestions and recommendations on this matter.
Members of the public are reminded that submissions should observe the principles of relevance, clarity, conciseness and accuracy.
THE DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSIONS IS WEDNESDAY APRIL 24, 2019.
Written submissions should be addressed to the Committee at:
Joint Select Committee on Human Rights, Equality and Diversity
Office of the Parliament of Trinidad and Tobago
Levels G-9, Tower D
International Waterfront Centre
1A Wrightson Road
or via electronic mail to email@example.com