The Joint Select Committee on National Security has commenced an inquiry into the implementation of cybersecurity measures to prevent software security vulnerability.
- the strategies adopted by State Agencies in Trinidad and Tobago to combat virtual vulnerabilities (e.g. automated and cyber-based systems and processes, information and data breaches, phishing);
- the measures implemented to track and identify predatory behaviour in the online environment; and
- the progress made towards ensuring cybersecurity in the context of the digitalisation of national services.
The Committee invites you to share your views/experiences as relates to the broad issue of cybersecurity and the measures to prevent cyberattacks.
- What are your views on the issue of cybersecurity?
- Have you ever been a victim of a cyber-attack? Please provide details.
- What alerted you to the cyberattack?
- What was the source of the compromise?
- What actions did you take following the attack? (e.g. reported to the police, changed passwords, reported to social media platform, etc.)
- What were the personal repercussions of the attack? (financial, personal data stolen, identity theft, etc.)
- Do you have a cybersecurity plan? (Applies to any contributions being made by organizations)
Please send your submissions on or before Friday May 25, 2022 by email to: