Applications are invited from suitably qualified persons wishing to be interviewed for the position of Marshal of the Parliament, Office of the Parliament.
The Marshal of the Parliament leads and manages the strategic operations of the Office of the Marshal and develops and maintains standards for the effective functioning of the Parliament and Office of the Parliament to ensure optimal benefit to the Presiding Officers, Members of Parliament, staff and the general public.
The incumbent presides over the critical functions of: security management, protocol management, strategic parliamentary operations, facilities and health and safety management and constituency operations management.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Experience and Training
- Extensive planning, managerial and organizing knowledge and skill.
- Extensive knowledge of Facilities and Project Management.
- Extensive knowledge of occupational health and safety and security methods, procedures, techniques and practices.
- Extensive knowledge in protocol as it relates to Parliament.
- Knowledge of the Standing Orders of Parliament especially as they relate to sittings/meetings and the preservation of order in and within the precincts of the Parliament.
- Knowledge of the Laws of Trinidad and Tobago.
- Computer literacy knowledge and skills.
- Ability to organize, plan, direct and supervise subordinate staff.
- Ability to maintain a high standard of discipline and to command respect of peers and subordinates.
- Ability to react quickly and calmly in emergencies.
- Ability to deal firmly but tactfully with Members of Parliament and the public.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relations with colleagues.
- Ability to network effectively with stakeholders.
- Ability to express ideas clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience:
Training as evidenced by a B.Sc degree in the Social Sciences. A Masterâ€™s Degree and/or other postgraduate qualifications will be an asset. Applicants must have a proven track record of managerial success, considerable experience in management, leadership, protocol and diplomacy.
Terms and conditions of employment
Terms and conditions of employment commensurate with qualifications and experience will be negotiated with the Chief Personnel Officer.
Submission of Applications
Applications with detailed Curriculum Vitae and two (2) references should be addressed to:-
The deadline for submission is February 12, 2016. Only short-listed applicants will be acknowledged.