Standing Finance Committee of the House of Representatives
10th Republican Parliament
Standing Order 82 of the House of Representatives
STANDING FINANCE COMMITTEE
(1) There shall be a Committee of the whole House, to be called the "Standing Finance Committee", which shall be chaired by the Speaker. It shall be the duty of the Committee to consider the Estimates and the Appropriation Bill. The deliberations of the Standing Finance Committee shall take place in public.
(2) The Standing Finance Committee shall sit at such times as may be determined by the Chairman but, except in cases of emergency when shorter notice may be given, three (3) clear days notice of each meeting shall be given to the Members.
(3) The Estimates shall, upon presentation to the House, stand referred to the Standing Finance Committee. The Appropriation Bill, upon being read a second time, shall stand committed to that Committee. By resolution the House may, in its discretion, also refer to the Committee any other matter or matters relating to expenditure.
(4) The Clerk of the Committee shall record the proceedings of the Standing Finance Committee and record any division taken.
(5) When the House is sitting, the Standing Finance Committee may meet as a Committee of the whole House when the House resolves itself into Standing Finance Committee. The Committee, when summoned by the Chairman, may meet at any time when the House is not sitting, and shall, as far as possible, have the same powers and duties as the Committee has when it functions in pursuance of the House resolving itself into Standing Finance Committee.