Invitation for Written Submissions - Socially Displaced Persons
12 May 2016
JOINT SELECT COMMITTEE ON SOCIAL SERVICES AND PUBLIC ADMINISTRATION
(Including Education, Health, Gender, Tourism, Public Administration, Labour, Culture, Community Development and Other Social Services)
INVITATION FOR WRITTEN SUBMISSIONS
Inquiry into the effectiveness of the State’s interventions directed at socially displaced persons in Trinidad and Tobago
The above-named Committee, has commenced an inquiry into the effectiveness of the State’s interventions directed at socially displaced persons in Trinidad and Tobago.
The Committee is inviting all stakeholders and interested persons to submit written comments / suggestions / recommendations related to the subject of the inquiry.
The objectives of this inquiry are:
- 1. To determine the prevalence of cases of social displacement in Trinidad and Tobago.
- 2. To understand the line Ministry’s plans and strategies for addressing this social issue particularly as it pertains to
- a. reducing the number of socially displaced persons; and
- b. the expansion and development of rehabilitation centres.
- 3. To examine the systems and procedures in place for the effective management and monitoring of the various state sponsored centers/institutions involved in housing and or rehabilitating the socially displaced.
- 4. To evaluate the procedure used to assess socially displaced persons and monitor their condition after social and medical interventions are executed.
- 5. To determine the effectiveness of the multi-sectoral efforts and rehabilitation srvices targeted towards the socially displaced.
- 6. To determine the status of the review of the Socially Displaced Persons Act, 2000.
THE DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSIONS IS MONDAY MAY 23 2016.
Written submissions should be addressed to the Secretary to the Committee as stated below or can be forwarded via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Secretary Guidelines for Written Submissions
The Joint Select Committee on Social Services and Public Administration
Office of the Parliament of Trinidad and Tobago
Levels G-8, Tower D
Port-of-Spain International Waterfront Centre
1A Wrightson Road
PORT OF SPAIN