12th REPUBLICAN PARLIAMENT: 2nd SESSION
House of Representatives
Summary of the 2nd Sitting of the 2nd Session of the 12th Republican Parliament
(Wednesday September 15, 2021 at 1:30 PM)
Announcements By The Speaker/Deputy Speaker
- Leave of Absence: The Speaker granted leave of absence to the Member for Tobago East from today's Sitting.
- Change of Membership to Joint Select Committee: The Speaker read communication from the President of the Senate advising that Sen. Muhammad Yunus Ibrahim was appointed to the Joint Select Committee on Land and Physical Infrastructure in lieu of Mr. Franklin Khan.
- 45 Papers: 45 Papers were laid. See the Order Paper.
Questions To Ministers: Oral Answer
- Six Prime Minister's Questions: Six Prime Minister's questions were approved. The Questions have been appended to the Order Paper.
- One Urgent Question: One Urgent Question was approved. The Question has been appended to the Order Paper.
Motions Relating To The Business Or Sittings Of The House And Moved By A Minister Or Parliamentary Secretary
- Suspension of Standing Orders re Speaking Time:
Government Business: Motions
- Consider the Draft EBC (Local Government and Tobago House of Assembly)(Tobago) Order, 2021: The Prime Minister moved a Motion asking the House to consider the Draft Report of the Elections and Boundaries Commission (Local Government and Tobago House of Assembly) Order, 2021. Seven Members made contributions before the Prime Minister rose to conclude. The Motion was approved by a division of 21 for, 18 against.
Contributions by: Hon. Dr. Keith Rowley, MP [Diego Martin West] [Prime Minister], Mr. Saddam Hosein, MP [Barataria/San Juan] [Opposition Member], Hon. Faris Al-Rawi, MP [San Fernando West] [Attorney General], Mr. Dinesh Rambally, MP [Chaguanas West] [Opposition Member], Hon. Shamfa Cudjoe, MP [Tobago West] [Minister of Sport and Community Development], Ms. Anita Haynes, MP [Tabaquite] [Opposition Member], Hon. Foster Cummings, MP [La Horquetta/Talparo] [Minister of Youth Development and National Service], Hon. Kamla Persad-Bissessar, MP [Siparia] [Leader of the Opposition], Hon. Dr. Keith Rowley, MP [Diego Martin West] [Prime Minister]
- The House adjourned to a date to be fixed: The Sitting ended at 5:22 p.m.