12th REPUBLICAN PARLIAMENT: 2nd SESSION
House of Representatives
Summary of the 1st Sitting of the 2nd Session of the 12th Republican Parliament
(Friday September 10, 2021 at 1:30 PM)
- The Clerk read the Proclamation: The Clerk of the House read the Proclamation of the Ag. President of the Republic declaring the Second Session of the 12th Republican Parliament open.
Announcements By The Speaker/Deputy Speaker
- Update on Covid-19 Protocol: The Speaker advised the House of updated covid-19 protocols for the Parliament precincts.
- Two Papers: Two Papers were laid. See the Supplemental Order Paper.
Statements By Ministers
- Budget Presentation: The Minister of Finance announced that the Budget Presentation will be made on Monday October 4, 2021.
Contributions by: Hon. Colm Imbert, MP [Diego Martin North/East] [Minister of Finance]
Motions Relating To The Business Or Sittings Of The House And Moved By A Minister Or Parliamentary Secretary
- JSC Representation of the People (Amendment)(No.2) Bill, 2020: The Leader of the House moved a Motion asking that the Representation of the People (Amendment)(No.2) Bill, 2020 be referred to a Joint Select Committee, that the Committee be mandated to adopt the work of the Committee established in the 1st Session and report by Friday December 31, 2021
- The House adjourned to Wednesday September 15, 2021 at 1:30 p.m.: At the next Sitting, the House will consider the draft Elections and Boundaries Commission (Local Government and Tobago House of Assembly)(Tobago) Order, 2021. The Sitting ended at 1:47 p.m.