12th REPUBLICAN PARLIAMENT: 1st SESSION
House of Representatives
Summary of the 17th Sitting of the 1st Session of the 12th Republican Parliament
(Friday February 26, 2021 at 1:30 PM)
Questions To Ministers: Oral Answer
- Two Questions on Notice: There are two Questions on Notice listed on the Order Paper.
Private Business: Motions
- Loss of Confidence in the Minister of Energy and Energy Industries: The Member for Pointe-a-Pierre moved a Motion asking the House to express its lack of confidence in the Ministry of Energy and Energy Industries. 11 Members made contributions before debate on the Motion was suspended.
Contributions by: Mr. David Lee, MP [Pointe-a-Pierre] [Opposition Member], Sen. the Hon. Franklin Khan [Minister of Energy and Energy Industries], Dr. Roodal Moonilal, MP [Oropouche East] [Opposition Member], Hon. Stuart Young, MP [Port-of-Spain North/St. Ann's West] [Minister of National Security and Minister in the Office of the Prime Minister], Mr. Rodney Charles, MP [Naparima] [Opposition Member], Hon. Faris Al-Rawi, MP [San Fernando West] [Attorney General], Mr. Rudranath Indarsingh, MP [Couva South] [Opposition Member], Mr. Foster Cummings, MP [La Horquetta/Talparo] [Minister in the Ministry of Works and Transport], Ms. Anita Haynes, MP [Tabaquite] [Opposition Member], Mr. Kennedy Richards, MP [Point Fortin] [Government Member], Dr. Rai Ragbir, MP [Cumuto/Manzanilla] [Opposition Member], Hon. Colm Imbert, MP [Diego Martin North/East] [Minister of Finance]
Matter On The Adjournment
- Flooding in El Socorro South: The Member for Barataria/San Juan raised as a matter on the Motion for the Adjournment of the House, the need for the Government to replace the dilapidated water pumps and address the perennial issue of flooding in the El Socorro South area. The Minister of Works and Transport responded.
Contributions by: Mr. Saddam Hosein, MP [Barataria/San Juan] [Opposition Member], Sen. the Hon. Rohan Sinanan [Minister of Works and Transport]
- Land Slips in Tabaquite Constituency: The Member for Tabaquite then raised a second matter, the failure of the Ministry of Works and Transport to address with urgency the issue of land slips in the constituency of Tabaquite. The Minister of Works and Transport responded.
Contributions by: Ms. Anita Haynes, MP [Tabaquite] [Opposition Member], Sen. the Hon. Rohan Sinanan [Minister of Works and Transport]
- The House adjourned to Friday March 5, 2021 at 1:30 p.m.: At the next sitting, debate is expected on the Miscellaneous Provisions (Special Reserve Police and Police Complaints Authority) Bill, 2020. The Sitting ended at 6:22 p.m.