12th REPUBLICAN PARLIAMENT: 1st SESSION
House of Representatives
Summary of the 16th Sitting of the 1st Session of the 12th Republican Parliament
(Friday February 19, 2021 at 1:30 PM)
Announcements By The Speaker/Deputy Speaker
- Leave of Absence: The Speaker granted leave of absence to the Member for Fyzabad from today's Sitting.
- 15 Papers: There are 15 Papers to be laid. See the Order Paper.
Questions To Ministers: Oral Answer
- Three Urgent Questions: There are three Urgent Questions. See the Order Paper.
- Three Questions on Notice: There are three Questions on Notice for Oral Answer listed on the Order Paper.
Government Business: Bills Second Reading
- The Tobago House of Assembly (Amendment) Bill, 2021: The Prime Minister moved the second reading of the Tobago House of Assembly (Amendment) Bill, 2021. The Member for Chaguanas West was first to enter the debate, followed by the Minister of Sport and Community Development, the Member for Couva South and the Minister in the Office of the Prime Minister. Eight Members made contributions before the Prime Minister rose to conclude. The Bill was Commended to a Committee of the Whole to consider the Bill clause by clause. The Bill was later read a third time and passed by a margin of 21 for, 18 against, no abstentions.
Contributions by: Hon. Dr. Keith Rowley, MP [Diego Martin West] [Prime Minister], Mr. Dinesh Rambally, MP [Chaguanas West] [Opposition Member], Hon. Shamfa Cudjoe, MP [Tobago West] [Minister of Sport and Community Development], Mr. Rudranath Indarsingh, MP [Couva South] [Opposition Member], Hon. Ayanna Webster-Roy, MP [Tobago East] [Minister in the Office of the Prime Minister], Ms. Anita Haynes, MP [Tabaquite] [Opposition Member], Hon. Fitzgerald Hinds, MP [Laventille West] [Minister of Youth Development and National Service], Mr. Arnold Ram, MP [Caroni Central] [Opposition Member], Hon. Colm Imbert, MP [Diego Martin North/East] [Minister of Finance], Ms. Khadijah Ameen, MP [St. Augustine] [Opposition Member], Hon. Faris Al-Rawi, MP [San Fernando West] [Attorney General], Hon. Kamla Persad-Bissessar, MP [Siparia] [Leader of the Opposition], Hon. Dr. Keith Rowley, MP [Diego Martin West] [Prime Minister]
- The House adjourned to Friday February 26, 2021 at 1:30 p.m.: At the next Sitting debate is expected on a Private Motion in the name of the Member for Pointe-a-Pierre. The Sitting ended at 6:09 p.m.