11th REPUBLICAN PARLIAMENT: 3rd SESSION
House of Representatives
Summary of the 13th Sitting of the 3rd Session of the 11th Republican Parliament
(Friday December 8, 2017 at 1:30 PM)
Announcements By The Speaker/Deputy Speaker
- Eight Papers: Eight Papers were laid. See the Order Paper.
Questions To Ministers: Oral Answer
- Five Urgent Questions: There are five urgent questions listed for response.
- Five Questions on Notice: There are five questions on notice on the Order Paper.
- Comments post Anti-Gang Bill, 2017 debate: The Prime Minister made a personal explanation related to comments in the public domain stemming from the Committee stage and final vote on the Anti Gang Bill, 2017 in the House on December 6-7, 2017.
Government Business: Bills Second Reading
- The Finance Bill, 2017: The Minister of Finance moved the second reading of the Finance Bill, 2017. The Member for Caroni Central was first to enter the debate, followed by the Minister of Planning and Development, the Member for Chaguanas East, The Minister of Social Development and Family Services, the Member for Tabaquite and the Member for Pointe-a-Pierre. Nine Members made contributions before the Minister of Finance rose to wind up the debate.
Contributions by: Hon. Colm Imbert, MP [Diego Martin North/East] [Minister of Finance], Dr. Bhoendradatt Tewarie, MP [Caroni Central] [Opposition Member], Hon. Camille Robinson-Regis, MP [Arouca/Maloney] [Minister of Planning and Development], Mr. Fazal Karim, MP [Chaguanas East] [Opposition Member], Hon. Cherrie-Ann Crichlow-Cockburn, MP [Lopinot/Bon Air West] [Minister of Social Development and Family Services], Dr. Surujrattan Rambachan, MP [Tabaquite] [Opposition Member], Mr. David Lee, MP [Pointe-a-Pierre] [Opposition Member], Hon. Darryl Smith, MP [Diego Martin Central] [Minister of Sport and Youth Affairs], Dr. Tim Gopeesingh, MP [Caroni East] [Opposition Member], Hon. Dr. Nyan Gadsby-Dolly, MP [St. Ann's East] [Minister of Community Development, Culture and the Arts], Hon. Colm Imbert, MP [Diego Martin North/East] [Minister of Finance]
- The House adjourned to Friday December 15, 2017 at 1:30 p.m.: The sitting ended at 8:51 p.m.