House of Representatives
Summary of the 32nd Sitting of the 2nd Session of the 10th Republican Parliament
(Friday May 11, 2012 at 1:30 PM)
Announcements By The Speaker/Deputy Speaker
- Leave of Absence: The Speaker granted leave of absence to the Members for Diego Martin West, St. Ann's East, Princes Town, Arouca/Maloney and Barataria/San Juan from today's sitting.
- Four Papers: Four Papers were laid. See the Order Paper for details.
Contributions by: Hon. Dr. Roodal Moonilal, MP [Oropouche East] [Minister of Housing and the Environment and Leader of the House]
Questions To Ministers: Oral Answer
- Five Questions: Five Questions qualified for Oral Answer, of which one was answered and the rest deferred. See the Order Paper for details.
Contributions by: Hon. Anil Roberts, MP [D'Abadie/O'Meara] [Minister of Sport]
Government Business: Bills Second Reading
- The Trinidad and Tobago Postal Corporation (Amendment) Bill, 2012: The Minister of Public Utilities moved the second reading of the Trinidad and Tobago Postal Corporation (Amendment) Bill, 2012. The Member for La Brea rose to initiate the debate with his contribution followed by contributions by the Members for Couva South, Port-of-Spain North/St. Ann's West and Diego Martin North/East. The Minister of Public Utilities rose to conclude the debate. The Bill was considered in Committee and passed without amendment. The Bill was then read a third time and passed.
Contributions by: Sen. the Hon. Emmanuel George [Minister of Public Utilities and Leader of Government Business in the Senate], Mr. Fitzgerald Jeffrey, MP [La Brea] [Opposition Member], Hon. Rudranath Indarsingh, MP [Couva South] [Minister of State in the Ministry of Local Government], Mrs. Patricia McIntosh, MP [Port-of-Spain North/St. Ann's West] [Opposition Member], Mr. Colm Imbert, MP [Diego Martin North/East] [Opposition Member]
Matter On The Adjournment
- Appointment of Board of Directors for State Enterprises: The Member for Diego Martin Central raised as a matter on the Motion for the Adjournment of the House, "The policy of the Government with respect to the suitability of persons for appointment to the Board of Directors of the Education Facilities Company Limited and State Enterprises generally". The Minister of Housing and the Environment and Leader of the House responded.
Contributions by: Mr. Colm Imbert, MP [Diego Martin North/East] [Opposition Member], Hon. Dr. Roodal Moonilal, MP [Oropouche East] [Minister of Housing and the Environment and Leader of the House]
- The House adjourned to a date to be fixed: The House adjourned to a date to be fixed. Before adjourning, Members of the House of Representatives brought greetings to the nation on the observance of Mother's Day on May 13, 2012. The sitting adjourned at 6:23 p.m.