12th REPUBLICAN PARLIAMENT: 2nd SESSION
Summary of the 8th Sitting of the 2nd Session of the 12th Republican Parliament
(Tuesday November 23, 2021 at 1:30 PM)
Announcements By The President/Vice-President
- Change in Membership to JSC: The President of the Senate informed of correspondence received from the Deputy Speaker of the House regarding the change in membership to a Joint Select Committee.
Contributions by: Sen. the Hon. Christine Kangaloo [President of the Senate]
- Two Papers: Two papers were laid. See Order Paper for details.
Contributions by: Sen. the Hon. Rohan Sinanan [Minister of Works and Transport]
Presentation Of Reports From Select Committees
- Two Reports: Two reports were presented.
Contributions by: Sen. Nigel de Freitas [Vice-President of the Senate]
Questions To Ministers: Oral Answer
Private Business: Motions
Matter On The Adjournment
- Two Matters: Sen. Wade Mark raised a matter on the adjournment namely the failure of the Minister of Finance to follow the law as enshrined in the National Insurance Act of Trinidad and Tobago. The Minister of Finance, Hon. Colm Imbert, MP, responded.
Sen. Mark raised a second matter on property tax. The Minister of Finance responded.
Contributions by: Sen. Wade Mark [Opposition Senator], Hon. Colm Imbert, MP [Diego Martin North/East] [Minister of Finance]
- The Senate adjourned to Tuesday November 30, 2021 at 10:00 a.m.: The Sitting concluded at 6:16 p.m.