11th REPUBLICAN PARLIAMENT: 4th SESSION
Summary of the 6th Sitting of the 3rd Session of the 11th Republican Parliament
(Tuesday December 5, 2017 at 1:30 PM)
Announcements By The President/Vice-President
- Leave of Absence: The Vice-President of the Senate indicated that the President of the Senate was acting as President of the Republic. The Vice-President also granted leave to Senator Dr. Lester Henry and Senator Sophia Chote, SC. Ms. Alisha Romano, Ms. Ayanna Lewis and Pastor Clive Dottin were temporarily appointed to replace Senators Kangaloo, Henry and Chote, respectively.
Contributions by: Sen. Alisha Romano [Government Senator (Temporary)], Sen. Ayanna Lewis [Government Senator (Temporary)], Sen. Clive Dottin [Independent Senator (Temporary)]
- Appointments to Committees: The Vice-President advised the Senate of decisions taken by the House re membership of several Joint Select Committees. The President also announced the appointment of members to Sessional Select Committees of the Senate.
Contributions by: Sen. Nigel De Freitas [Vice-President of the Senate]
- Nine Papers: Nine Papers were laid. See the Order Paper and Supplemental Order Paper.
Presentation Of Reports From Select Committees
- One Report: There is one Report to be presented. See the Supplemental Order Paper for details.
Questions To Ministers: Oral Answer
- Two Urgent Questions: Two urgent questions were listed for response. The questions are appended to the Order Paper.
- Six Questions on Notice: There are six Questions on notice listed on the Order Paper.
Requests For Leave To Move The Adjournment Of The House On Definite Matters Of Urgent Public Importance
- Escalating Murders in Trinidad and Tobago: Sen. Wade Mark sought leave of the Senate to move as a definite matter of urgent public importance, the failure of the Government to address the escalating and uncontrollable wave of murders in Trinidad and Tobago The Vice-President was not satisfied that the matter qualified under this Standing Order.
Contributions by: Sen. Wade Mark [Opposition Senator]
Motions Relating To The Business Or Sittings Of The House And Moved By A Minister Or Parliamentary Secretary
- Appointments to Committees: The Leader of Government Business moved two Motions seeking leave of the House to appoint members to JSC Cybercrime and JSC Gambling.
Private Business: Motions
Matter On The Adjournment
- The Senate adjourns to Tuesday December 12, 2017 at 1:30 p.m.: View this Sitting on YouTube via the following links: